The majority of NZ school zones are identified within our software and we monitor what speeds your vehicles’ travel through these school zones.
This data is then used in our Overspeed, Risk Point and Driver Behaviour Reports.
The rules we use when checking vehicles speeds in these zones are listed below:
- School speed zones are only active during weekdays from 7-9 am & 2-4pm.
- We only report on or apply risk points to speeding vehicles if they have 8 or more GPS satellites triangulating their position. This enables us to provide the most accurate and guaranteed data.
- We like to keep our data as accurate as possible, but if for some reason you find that we are either not reporting any new schools, or older schools have shut, please submit a support ticket to let us know to update our database.
Note: Speed zone changes take effect at the signpost. Before reaching the speed-limit sign, make sure you:
- Reduce your speed if the sign indicates a lower speed.
- Do not increase your speed until you pass the sign if the sign indicates a higher speed.
For further information about speed zones, check out the NZTA article About speed limits.