1. From the side bar, select Geofences and then scroll down to Add new Geofences.
2. The Add Geofence page will open. Next, search for the address where you would like to set up the Geofence in the Find Address bar.
As you type in the address it will automatically start to search for the address. Select the correct address from the drop down list.
3. The default shape for your Geofence is a circle. If you would like to change the shape of the Geofence, under Type of Geofence, you can change the shape to a Polygon, and then you can draw the shape of your geofence.
4. You can also change the colour of your geofence. The default colour is red, but you can select from seven different colours. It can be helpful to use different colours for Geofences that apply to different groups.
5. Select the vehicle/vehicles you would like to apply the Geofence to. If it is all vehicles in your fleet, select All Vehicles.
Enter in the Name you wish to label your Geofence.
Select when you would like your Geofence to be active.
If you make this a private Geofence, it will only be viewable to users who are administrators.
If you would like to be able to set a speed limit to this Geofence, slide the toggle until it turns blue, then set the maximum speed limit that will be allowed in this Geofence
6. Click the blue Save button.
7. Repeat the steps above to set up more Geofences.
How to create a geofence from a Stop Report.
A geofence can be created directly from a Stop Report, making it easy to create geofences from points of interest as they appear in your reports.
From the Stop Report, simply click on the address you wish to create into a geofence, then click on the Create Geofence link in the top right of the map view to be taken to the Create Geofence page.
Follow steps 3 to 6 in How to create a Geofence above to complete the geofence creation.
Please sign in to leave a comment.