Step 1: Set up your questions
- Open the Check Sheet Options page found in the attachments at the bottom of this page.
- Select Yes or No next to each question on this page to apply them to your Check Sheet.
If you have any extra questions you would like added, please add them below the Specialist Items box.
- Save this completed list.
- Email your completed list back to email@example.com
- Argus Tracking Support will contact you when the Check List set up is complete. Please allow a couple of days for this.
Step 2: Apply the barcode
- There are two barcodes to apply per vehicle.
We recommend applying them somewhere that is easily accessible and will keep clean, and out of sunlight - the inside of your sun visor and inside your vehicle’s door frame (see the image below), and inside the boot lid is ideal.
- Before applying the barcode stickers, please ensure you prepare the area first by cleaning the area with an alcohol based cleaner to ensure it is free of grease and dirt.
- Apply the sticker to the cleaned area.
Step 3: Setting up the check sheet for the first time
Download the correct app from the Google Play store here.
Use your Argus login email and password to log in to the App.
In the App, select Check Sheet.
Select tap to scan, and then scan the barcode applied to this vehicle.
If this is the first time you have done a vehicle check on this vehicle, once you have scanned the barcode you will need to enter the number plate and then the make, model and year of the vehicle. Once you press SUBMIT, this data will be remembered so that next time you scan the barcode it will auto-fill this information.
- Fill in the information in the vehicle check sheet, selecting from Yes, No, and Not Applicable to answer each question as you scroll down. If you would like to add a photo of any damage/wear and tear you have discovered, tap the Tap for photos button, then take your image. Add any extra information in the Additional Comments box.
NOTE: If you tick NO for any item, a notification will be sent out to the user who has been set up to receive this information, to let them know that there is something wrong with the vehicle. To set up a notification please see the article How to set up notifications
If a vehicle passes its check, the sheet will be saved online and no notification sent to the administrator.
You can view all your completed check sheets under Fleet Management > Check Sheet on the Argus website.
Once you have finished the check sheet, sign your name on the screen in the INSPECTION PERFORMED BY area.
- Then press the SUBMIT button.
This will be submitted to the Argus website where it is stored. You will only be notified if NO has been applied to any item.
- The check sheet is divided into sections:
Documentation, Compliance, Safety Equipment, Vehicle Interior, Vehicle Exterior, Engine Bay, Specialist Items, Tyre Depth, Vehicle Condition, Photos, Additional Comments, and then lastly Inspection Performed by ______________ (where you need to sign on the screen)
Each of these sections are customisable to your requirements, just email firstname.lastname@example.org any additional questions you require.
At a minimum, we recommend leaving in some WOF items to be checked off to ensure the safety of your vehicle.
- Administrators will only receive notification when a vehicle FAILS its Check Sheet.
The Check Sheet Options page can be downloaded below: