For drivers who need the app to complete check sheets but do not need the ability to track and report on vehicle movements, they will need to be set up as a Dedicated Driver user within the Argus Hub so that they have the ability to download the manager app. These drivers will only see the check sheet tab on the app, and cannot access reports or view vehicles when they log in.
Follow the steps below to set up your drivers to use the check sheet on iOS.
1. From the side menu, go to Settings then Users and Drivers. Click the blue Add button, then follow steps 2 to 10 below to create a user profile for each driver with an iOS phone.
2. Under User profile, choose Dedicated Driver.
3. In the applicable Name boxes, add the drivers' first and last names.
4. In the Email box, please enter the driver's email address.
5. In the Mobile box, add the drivers' mobile number.
6. In the Job Title/Position box, add in the drivers' job title.
7. If the driver is associated with a group, in the Groups box, select the appropriate group or groups. If the driver is not associated with a group, skip this step.
8. In the Driver App box, leave this as disabled.
9. At the bottom of this New User page, tick the Send email invitation box, then press the blue SAVE button. If there is no email address, then just press the blue SAVE button.
If you ticked the Send email invitation box, this will send the driver an email, welcoming them to Argus Tracking and providing them with their login and password. They will be able to use this to login to the app, but will not be able to access any data. If you have resent the email, please click Forgot Password on the login page to reset the password.
10. Once they are set up in the system and updated their password if required, the driver can download the Argus Tracking app from the app store onto their iOS phones, using their login details to log into the app. On the app, they will be able to see all tabs the fleet managers can see but they will not be able to access vehicles or data within these tabs - the only tab they will be able to utilize is the Check sheet.