Drivers with iOS can still use the check sheet, even though the driver app is unavailable for iOS.... they just need setting up a little differently!
Drivers with iOS phones will need to be set up as a user within the website so that they have the ability to download the manager app. The manager app is locked down so that these drivers can only see the check sheet tab, and cannot access reports or view vehicles when they log in.
Follow the steps below to set up your drivers to use the check sheet on iOS.
1. First, create a new group within the system and apply NO vehicles to this group. For information on how to create a new group, check out this article.
2. From the side menu, go to Settings then Users and Drivers. Click the blue Add button, then follow steps 3 to 9 below to create a user profile for each driver with an iOS phone.
3. In the appropriate boxes, enter their name and a legitimate email address. The email address MUST be legitimate and must be different for each driver.
4. In the Groups box, select the group that has no vehicles assigned. You MUST complete this step, otherwise the driver will be able to view all vehicles in the fleet instead of none.
5. Under User profile, choose Custom to bring up the permissions options.
6. In Permissions, lock them to only view the Fleet Management and Settings tabs by clicking these toggles. The toggles will be blue when they are active, as shown below.
7. In the Driver App box, leave this as disabled. DO NOT enable the driver app if using iOS, otherwise the user will be unable to log in as the driver ap is uavailable on iOS.
8. At the bottom of this New User page, tick the Send email invitation box, then press the blue SAVE button. This will send the driver an email, welcoming them to Argus Tracking and providing them with their login and password. They will be able to use this to login to the website, but will not be able to access any data, only update their passwords in the settings portal if required.
9. Once they are set up in the system and updated their password if required, they can download the Argus Tracking app from the app store onto their iOS phones, using their log in details to log into the app. On the app they will be able to see all tabs the fleet managers can see but they will not be able to access vehicles or data within these tabs - the only tab they will be able to utilise is the Check sheet.