Here are a few quick steps to setting up Argus to work perfectly with Fleetwise Pool Booking.
1. Create an asset group for the pool location, then apply those assets to the group. For example, create the group Wellington pool vehicles, then apply each pool vehicle in Wellington to this group.
For further information on how to apply a vehicle to a group, please check out this article.
2. Create a Geofence around the area where your pool vehicles will be stored (for example, the carpark at your office). If your pool vehicles will be stored at different locations (for example you have offices in different towns), each pool vehicle HQ area will need a separate geofence.
For further information on how to create a geofence, please check out this article.
3. After you have created the geofence shape, apply the Geofence to the Asset group for that pool location. Eg) Wellington Pool vehicles
4. Give the Geofence a name. Eg) Wellington Pool Booking
5. In the box When should the Geofence be active, we recommend leaving this as the default setting - Anytime.
6. Activate the geofence for pool booking use by enabling the Pool Booking Geofence toggle. When it is blue it is active.
7. Press the blue SAVE button to save your changes.
The Geofence needs to be applied to a group of vehicles rather than ALL, otherwise other pool booking Geofences could trigger a depart or return in pool booking.
For example, if you applied the geofence to all vehicles instead of a group, and you had separate pool booking locations in Wellington and Lower Hutt, if a Wellington Pool Vehicle were to drive to a Lower Hutt Pool Booking location, the system would think the vehicle had been returned to Lower Hutt and would be available for use, when instead it was needed for the return drive to Wellington.