Sometimes a vehicle can appear as though it has gone offline, when it has actually gone into sleep mode, making it appear offline.
GPS units go into sleep mode when the vehicle is not in use, to save the battery from running flat.
Without sleep mode it would be like leaving your headlights on while parked in a carpark .... we all know that gets pretty annoying!
The GPS unit will start reporting next time there is an "event" to report, so to "wake" this GPS unit from sleep mode, all you need to do is turn the ignition on.
Articles in this section
- How does Argus Tracking GPS work?
- How much power does a GPS unit draw?
- How to avoid a flat battery
- What does the GPS signal mean?
- Argus Browser & IT Requirements
- Sleep Mode
- What happens when you sell your vehicle with a GPS unit in it?
- Do you have GPS Tracking Stickers?
- Roads Updated with new 110km/h Speed Limits
- The Notification Banner