Creating or modifying a Check Sheet is in your hands, just follow the simple steps below:
On the Argus Tracking Hub go to Fleet Management > Check Sheet > Check Sheet Templates.
In Check Sheet Templates we've added 6 templates for the most common asset types which you are free to use, edit, or remove.
Or, you can start from scratch to create your own:
- When creating a new check sheet template
- Click ‘new template’
- You can choose to start from one of our default templates and edit it from there, or start from scratch.
- Give the template a name
- Add all the sections you will need (categories for the check sheet template questions), type the section name and press enter. You can always add more sections later if needed
Click ‘sort questions’ at any time to rearrange the questions into a different order
For each question you want to add:
- Click add question
- Enter the question title – e.g. “tyres are inflated to the correct pressure”
- Question Description – here you can add a little bit more information about how the check is to be carried out if necessary, e.g. “tyre pressure should be 40 PSI on all tyres”. This field is optional.
- Select question type – this will affect the options your team will have when answering this question. The options are:
- Text Input (e.g. enter the odometer reading)
- Dropdown (add the drop-down options you would like your team to choose between)
- The ‘required’ checkbox will make the question compulsory when checked, so that users must respond to the question before they can proceed to the next.
- Once the above is complete, click ‘add question’ to save the question.
- Preview mode – the preview button at the bottom of the template builder will allow you to view your check sheet in a more condensed format – the check sheet can also be edited from this view rather than the standard view.
- Close button – this will close the template builder. Any unsaved changed will be lost so please ensure you click save first!
- Save button – to save your check sheet.
Preview mode above.
Using the check sheet app:
- Download from the app store
- Log in with your normal login details
- Select either undertake inspection (complete a check sheet for an asset) or assign asset (to assign a barcode to an asset which has not been previously assigned, this needs to be done once per asset only).
- To assign asset:
- Click assign asset
- Select the asset which you are assigning a barcode to
- Scan the barcode
- You will receive confirmation that the barcode was successfully assigned to the asset
- To undertake inspection
- Click undertake inspection
- Scan the barcode of the asset (if the barcode is not recognised please see ‘assign asset’ above)
- Select which check sheet template you will be using for this check sheet
- Complete the check sheet by answering each question
- Photos and comments can be added to any question if needed, just make sure to do this before clicking the tick (yes) or cross (no) buttons as this will progress you to the next question automatically
- You can navigate through the check sheet at any time with the left and right arrows at the bottom of the screen. You can use this to go back and edit your answers, or add comments/photos to questions as needed.
- Once you have completed all the checks, please sign the check sheet and click proceed to upload the check sheet.
- Once the check sheet has been submitted, you will receive a confirmation message on the app.
- All done! Please repeat this process for any other assets you need to check.
(Screenshots for this section were sent via chat)